Title Commissary Administrative Clerk
Job Reference 09-0183
Post Date 5/28/2009
Close Date 6/10/2009
Point of Hire Anchorage, AK or Fairbanks, AK
Company DUS – Doyon Universal Services
Reports To Project Manager
Type of Position Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Hours 12 hours
Rotation 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off
Description JOB SUMMARY: This incumbent will provide Commissary and Administrative support to Kuparuk Camp.
• Complete a variety of bookkeeping and accounting functions
• Maintain and update information on the DUS Computer Payroll system
• Weekly payroll data entry and download to the payroll department in the Anchorage office
• Input weekly invoices/billing packages for Conoco Phillips processing and payments
• Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly resident reports
• Prepare and post semi-monthly movie signs
• Obtain weekly dinner menus; then prepare and post on bulletin
• File payroll and employee information
• Develop forms utilizing Office Suite Programs
• Team player and work well with others
• Promote DUS safety practices
• Maintain confidentiality
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Cashier; manage daily till and cash handling
• Maintain storage rooms and stock supplies
• Maintain cash in cashbox and stamp lockbox
• Weekly deposit, ordering, and invoicing payment
• Monthly inventory
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting at a remote Oilfield camp with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 35 pounds. Lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services. Requires living and working in remote confined space workspaces for extended periods of time. Have the ability to work long hours to include driving to complete all required tasks. An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a general office environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
REASONABLE ACCOMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
Requirements KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good communication, customer service, and sales skills
• Strong client and employee relations skills
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate strong organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a safe, friendly, and efficient manner
• Must be able to develop computer related forms to collect and track data
• Must be able to provide general office support to include: typing, filling, ordering supplies, report preparation, and inventory control
• Must be able to answer phones and e-mails appropriately route or personally answer question from; tenants, employees, clients, Anchorage office and/or general public
• Must maintain personnel, office, and administrative files
• Must Inventory commissary items at the end of month
• Ability to return to the job site on a recall status
• Skilled at using Office Suite Programs ( i.e.: Word, Excel, and Access)
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds and have no physical limitations
• Must observe and follow all safe driving laws and rules
• Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screening
• High school diploma or GED (required)
• 3 years office experience (required)
• 2 years of related college or technical accounting training and sales experience (preferred)
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean, safe driving record (required)
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: Some only available after 90 day probation period
• 401k with employer match
• Medical insurance with employee selectable options
• Vision insurance with employee selectable options
• Dental insurance with employee selectable options
• AFLAC Benefits