Comml Banking Asst Rel Mgr 4-080010138
Works with Relationship Manager to manage assigned customer relationships and loan portfolio(s) which is primarily composed of multi-family residential affordable housing developments. The candidate’s responsibilities include: analyzing financial data and preparing comprehensive written analyses, analyzing portfolio credit quality, assisting Relationship Manager in presenting credit requests to Credit Administration, identifying cross-sell opportunities with customers and making appropriate referrals.
Essential functions include:
1. Spreads and/or analyzes financial statements of potential and existing customers utilizing the bank’s accepted analytical credit criteria.
2. Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of loan applications and supporting documents and loan information sheets for new and existing accounts. Oversees preparation of collateral and loan documentation.
3. Conducts credit investigations and market analysis as necessary.
4. Works with Relationship Manager in monitoring customer accounts, transactions under construction and loan portfolios to maintain credit quality.
5. Recommends to Relationship Manager approvals and/or changes in new or existing credit facilities.
6. Performs annual site inspections and loan reviews.
7. Monitors compliance with loan agreement covenants.
8. Provides backup for Relationship Manager during their absence.
9. Acts as liaison between Relationship Manager and other departments, as required.
10. Actively ensures compliance with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies and procedures. Actively participates in any required corporate and business line training in these areas. Follows account opening procedures and understands and follows internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as required for this position. Actively works with customers to understand each customer’s normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
Your Career is Here.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- At least 3 years underwriting experience.
- Two years experience in affordable housing finance desired
- General knowledge of commercial real estate and development functions including acquisition, finance, appraisal, market analysis and negotiations; public and private development financing; planning and zoning regulations; environmental review requirements; and state and federal housing development/preservation programs and regulations, including but not limited to low income housing tax credits, housing bonds and community lending subsidy programs
- A thorough working knowledge of proforma analysis, strong writing and presentation skills, must be proficient in Excel
- Knowledge of market trends, government regulations, financial analysis, forecasting, and computer applications necessary
- Strong sales and relationship management skills
- Thorough understanding of credit and collateral requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
Average Hours Per Week