Relationship Manager I – Business Banking – Houma, LA-090022085
Relationship Manager – is responsible for business development and relationship management for medium-sized business clients. The RM will grow and manage a portfolio of Business Banking relationships. Responsibilities include the acquisition of new business through active calling on existing clients to solicit referrals and calling on targeted prospects. A successful Relationship Manager consults with the client to identify product and service solutions that meet the financial needs of the client and will benefit their business.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Acquire business – Prospect in the assigned territory to bring in new business customers, and develop and work with Centers of Influence to expand the customer base within the RM Channel. Responsible for developing and servicing relationships with high-end small businesses and complex accounts resulting in P&L growth. Commercial client acquisition focuses upon deposit (DDA) gathering and loans exceeding $250,000.
* Expand and retain relationships – Profile new and existing commercial clients to ensure cross-sell of deposits, credit, and other bank products. Follow up on all business accounts to ensure the full opportunity has been captured Typical portfolio consists of approximately 75 – 100 customers.
* Partner – Work with other bank partners to uncover sales opportunities among both current and potential business customers. Provide a high level of customer service to business clients and manage the banking relationship
* Refer – Identify Consumer product opportunities among business owners and refer to other specialists to effectively capture. Identify larger business opportunities and refer more complex customers to the MM Channel.
We offer our Relationship Managers Best in Class: Training, Products, Services and Distribution Channels, including State of the Art systems, accessible Product Partners, sophisticated and consistent underwriting capabilities, and dedicated marketing support.
In exchange for achieving goals, Relationship Managers earn a competitive base salary plus the opportunity to participate in an uncapped incentive plan.
In addition, we offer:
· Comprehensive benefits that include several Medical/Dental Insurance options
· Four weeks of vacation
· Wealth accumulation benefits that include:
o A company funded Retirement Account
o A 401K with a company match
o An Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* 2+ years of direct Business Banking Relationship Management and Business Development experience or related business lending experience
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
* Credit analysis or financial analysis experience related to commercial lending is preferred. e.g. In-house commercial training program or formal credit training program, such as Omega or Edge
* Strong knowledge of credit products and processes e.g. Commercial/Business Loans or Lines of Credit
* Ability to cross-sell products, along with proven sales and product expertise with business clients
* Highly advanced relationship management, new business development and sales prospecting skills
* Strong organizational time management skills; Strong problem solving skills; Strong ability to grasp concepts and processes; Ability to partner and influence
* Ability to manage risk within the portfolio, including loan grading, loan pricing, and pay or return decisioning
* Able to handle most problems/exceptions in an independent manner
* Strong understanding of product profitability of banking products
* Seeking a customer focused individual with good interpersonal skills and communication skills
Required Skills include:
· Builds Relationships – Strong interpersonal skills and able to gain the trust of clients.
· Proactive – Self-confident and tenacious in pursuing prospects.
· Strong Sales Skills – Disciplined approach to sales practices and activities.
· Communication Skills – Efficient communicator with excellent listening and profiling skills.
· Time Management – Extremely organized and able to balance priorities.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Retail Financial Services
Yes, 25% of the time