Job Title: Senior Payroll Processor – Central Branch Administration
Position Location: 12802 Tampa Oaks Blvd.
City: Temple Terrace
Job Description: Responsible for processing nonexempt/exempt/union payroll and time entry associated with new hires, rehires, promotions, rate increases, tax information, employee deductions, direct deposits, bonuses, paid time off transactions, and garnishments.
Process/control the timely and accurate payroll input through the HR/Payroll/Time & Attendance systems.
• Ensure Federal and State labor regulations are followed.
• Ensure all schedules/deadlines established in order to effectively and efficiently process payroll are adhered to.
• Ensure department/union payroll output is prepared and delivered according to URI established schedules.
• Identify and notify branch management of missing time punches from the time and attendance system.
• Review approved hours in time and attendance system after the cut-off deadline and manually approve any remaining hours.
Review/respond to both internal/external customer service inquiries within department set guidelines
• Effectively communicate cross functionally with other company departments.
• Effectively address customer inquiries in a timely manner.
Ensure only authorized forms/information and controls which adhere to URI’s Policies and Procedures/Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements are used to input/process through HR/Payroll.
• Maintain confidentiality of all employee information.
• Maintain copies of all source material used to process changes according to Federal and URI filing/storage requirements
User controls and department support:
• Ensure applicable users and locations are assigned/terminated timely within time and attendance application.
• Ensure applicable users are assigned/terminated timely within payroll employee self service application.
• Run ad hoc reports to support department and customer needs
Job Requirements: • Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred
• 2-4 years payroll processing experience in a high transaction processing environment
• Experience with outsourced payroll applications/multi state processing
• Excellent communication skills
• Customer service orientated
• Good organizational skills and sense of urgency
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
Disclaimer: Other duties assigned as needed