WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
Open to all U.S. Citizens.
For further information concerning U.S. Citizenship, please visit http:// www.http://www.uscis.gov
This position is located at Okaloosa County Air Terminal (VPS), in
Eglin AFB, FL.
Salary range listed does not include Locality Pay of 13.86%.
The Transportation Security Administration is an Excepted
Service agency. Basic Federal employee benefits remain the same
as other Federal agencies.
TSA employees who are absent for the purpose of performing military
duty may apply for any vacancies announced in their absence.
TARGETED WORK ENVIRONMENT(S):
Time in Career Time in Career: Attracting applicants who want a work environment that welcomes entry and different stages of career from novice to retiree.
Mission Focused Mission Focused: Attracting applicants who want a work environment that welcomes all motivations, from general service commitment to a specific passion.
Securing Travel, Protecting People
At the Transportation Security Administration, we serve in a high-
stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities
across the country, we secure airports, seaports, railroads,
highways, and public transit systems. We protect our transportation
infrastructure from terrorist attack and ensure freedom of movement
for people and commerce.
At TSA, we act swiftly and with integrity to:
* Discover and stop emerging transportation security threats, utilizing state of the art technology
* Educate and provide friendly customer service to travelers
* Screen passengers and gather intelligence
* Coordinate security involving aviation, rail, and other surface and maritime transportation
* Oversee most transportation-related responsibilities of the Federal government during a national emergency