We’re Stericycle – An innovative leader and broad service provider dedicated to the management of infection control and healthcare compliance services. Simply put, we are the “Leaders in Protecting People and Reducing Risk. ” It is our vision to combine integrated solutions with superior customer service to promote safety, compliance and risk management for our customers.
In 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005 Stericycle was selected by Forbes Magazine as one of the “200 Best Small Companies in America,” and is consistently recognized by Fortune as one of the “100 Fastest Growing Companies.” And that’s not all… to learn more visit our website at www.stericycle.com today!”
Job Title: Transportation Supervisor
Req Number: 6986
Employment Status: Full Time
We are currently seeking a Transportation Supervisor to manage the transportation department of the District’s location(s) and act as the liaison between customers, operations, drivers and the support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff: o Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a qualified, diverse workforce.
* Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
* Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
* Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
* Counsels employees on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
* Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
* Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
* Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
* Supervise all assigned route managers and Transportation members, by performing periodic “ride alongs”, ensuring that they perform their functions in a safe and productive manner.
* Oversees and participates in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all drivers and equipment.
* Ensures DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
* Maintain high level of customer satisfaction through customer site visits.
* Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
* Perform pre-employment screening activities, new route manager orientation, reviews of route managers and monthly safety meetings.
* Back up Drivers in their absence.
* Ensure maintenance is performed on the physical assets.
* Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times.
Education and Experience:
* Education equivalent to graduation from High school, or the equivalent in related work experience. Some college preferred.
* Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience required, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
* Commercial Vehicle Driving experience preferred, but not required.
* Maintains current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), with an excellent driving record.
* Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
* Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
* Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials, DOT, OSHA and EPA Regulations.
* Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
* Demonstrates knowledge of inventory management and routing and re-routing.