Job Code : 1709
Division : TAOS
Location : Huntsville AL US 35806
% of Travel Required : 40-50%
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Bachelor’s Degree
Category : Sales – Account Management
Job Description :
Business Development Mgr – Huntsville, Alabama
Project Overview (Brief overview of project, client, scope & objectives)
Responsible for business development for contract opportunities for Logistics Services. Develop strategy for engagement, determined requirements, and oversee capture management process. Conduct presentations and prepare oral and written products including proposals for government solicitations. Responsible for the completion and submission of winning proposals. Coordinate with Program Managers to ensure successful execution of government contracts. Responsible for establishing strategic partnerships with other defense contractors, small businesses, and government partners, to meet the needs of the customer. Review and research Requests For Proposals from U.S. and NATO sources; Assemble and lead comprehensive Proposal Teams; Network within defined client base; Prepare reports and analyses relevant to activity; establish and maintain a customer data file. Seek partners to support requirements and establish partnering agreements. Lead post award transition to operations. Potential for travel (including international) 50% of the time.
Key Result Areas (Responsibilities)
1. Develop a pipeline of potential business opportunities in assigned sector
2. Search for Business Opportunities – Identify new business opportunities, Identify future business in order to generate business and company growth
3. Opportunity / Project Development – Develop viable opportunities, Conduct research and build relationships necessary in order to develop opportunities / projects into business
4. Team Building – Create competent and effective Capture team, Assemble and lead a group of people to successfully accomplish a project
5. Establish & Maintain client/partner relationships.
6. Support corporate participation at defense trade shows. Follow-up with contacts for future potential business.
7. Become a Single Face to the Client. Ensure clients know who to contact with information relative to contracting opportunities
8. Prepare a proposal either independently or leading a proposal team, establish and track proposal objectives while meeting the established submission schedule.
9. Prepares and submits internal reports/analyses as directed. Result: Ensures proper up-chain transparency to the department’s activities, successes and shortfalls.
Job Context/Working Environment
50% in office, 50% traveling to satellite offices / site visits. May include international travel.
Work as a largely independent manager in a professional, office environment.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility
Must be able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, with an ability to assess and influence the project with minimal guidance. Works with a high degree of autonomy. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and operate on a flexible schedule.
Job Requirements :
Mandatory Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Bachelors Degree preferred
* Minimum 1-5 years experience in Business Development for a Defense Contractor
* Knowledge of the U.S. DoD Contracting Process (not a FAR expert)
* Knowledge of corporate Capture and Proposal processes
* Fluency with MS Office suite and basic PC function/operation
* Clear, quantified track record of contract wins/successes
* Able to prepare and deliver presentations of various types to all levels of management, both to the CEO and 4-Star General levels
* Ability to relocate to Huntsville, AL area
* Comfortable with extensive business travel (at times) throughout all of the Pacific, Europe and the Middle East
* Able to obtain DoD Secret Clearance (Clearable)
Desired Skills, Knowledge, Attributes, Experience Level
1. Customer Relationships: Moderate
2. Communication: Moderate
3. Personal Performance and Technical Expertise: High
4. Results Driven: High
5. Enterprise Focus and Agility: High