Job Description: The sales representative will maintain an emphasis on acquiring and retaining broad based customer relationships with an emphasis on small to medium businesses
Essential Job Functions
1. Reaching sales goals as set by management
2. Develop customer base necessary to meet all sales forecasts and budgets.
3. Maintain high level of product and vendor knowledge.
4. Attend trade shows and association meetings as required.
5. Prospecting for new business, preparing/presenting proposals and maintaining existing relationships.
6. Serves as point of contact for business customers issues
7. Weekly reporting and updates of sales
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Positive attitude.
2. Strong interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
4. Ability to deal with customers, vendors and all channels of distribution to assess and analyze situations.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Self motivated and ability to excel with minimum supervision.
7. Knowledge of internet and data connectivity products and services.
8. Good PC skills with proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
9. Ability to work well with customers and co-workers in a team environment.
10. Ability to write and present effective proposals
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience desired
2. One year outside sales, major account experience in a related industry desired
3. Experience in data communications/telephony markets desired