Mgr – Project Admin II
Job Number: 10027699
Location: Dayton, OH
Category: Program Management
Security Clearance Status: Active
Security Clearance Type: Secret
Job Level: Regular
Travel Required: 0%
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Posting Date: 2/16/2010
Manages project management duties involving cross-functional teams focused on delivery of internal products or administrative systems for one or more projects of moderate complexity. This job oversees employees assigned to manage specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Oversees plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets. Monitors programs/projects from initiation through delivery and interfacing with internal customers or department personnel.
2. Organizes project activities and interdepartmental meetings; ensures communication facilitates completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints
3. Analyzes work schedules to plan work assignments based on job priorities. Select and assigns personnel to meet requirements of job.
4. May assign and monitor work of technical personnel providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives.
1. A minimum of nine years of relevant experience supporting project management duties including budget oversight / management, meeting coordination and facilitation, and resource allocation
2. Over 5 years of direct experience supporting USAF efforts
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Excellent work ethic with the past experience making maximum effort to ensure completion of tasks
5. Customer-centric focus
6. Strong management and organizational skills.
1. PMP certification
2. Advanced Master’s Degree.
3. Simulator experience as a trainer or operator
BAE Systems is the premier global defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, information technology solutions, and customer support services. With 105,000 employees worldwide, BAE Systems had 2008 sales of $34.4 billion.
Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Maryland, provides a wide range of services in engineering, system integration, ship repair, and readiness and sustainment for military platforms. Its Technology Solutions & Services unit addresses the full life-cycle needs of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian customers with capabilities in systems engineering and technical assistance, system and subsystem integration, operations, and maintenance. TSS serves every branch of the U.S. military and numerous civilian agencies, operating the U.S. Army�s munitions plant in Kingsport, Tennessee; integrating communications systems and developing and integrating precision tracking radars; and providing design and support services for air and missile defense systems.
The Ship Repair business is the leading U.S. provider of non-nuclear ship repair, conversion, and modernization services. It focuses on drydock and pier-side ship repair and sustainment services for the U.S. Navy, other defense agencies, and commercial customers.
The Readiness & Sustainment business focuses on customers� growing need for through-life platform support.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.