There is an immediate need for a strong Tax Analyst with a public accounting background. Our client, a Fortune company, is looking for an experienced Tax professional to join their Tax group in the Delaware area. Our client is seeking a person who wishes to undertake a challenging role within a dynamic public company. The ideal person will get involved with federal, state and international tax planning and compliance. In addition, they will interface with corporate financial, legal, human resources, and corporate development departments.
The main responsibilities will be:
-Participate in federal and state income tax compliance, research and planning.
-Coordinate federal and state income tax audits.
-Assist in the quarterly and year-end tax provision calculation including FAS 109 adjustments.
-Responsible for calculation of quarterly estimated tax payments.
-Participate in special projects.
-Engage in tax planning for mergers and acquisitions.
-Participate in acquisition due diligence reviews.
-Responsible for internal maintenance of tax compliance software system.
-Interact with subsidiary financial personnel
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Bachelor’s in Accounting, finance or related field required or equivalent education and experience; CPA preferable.
* 4 to 6 years of federal and state income tax experience.
* International tax planning experience.
* Large corporation or Big 4 tax department experience.
* Experience in preparing tax provision calculations including FAS 109 calculations.
* Sarbanes-Oxley 404 experience.
For more information on this job, please contact Jon Grimes, Mergis Group Career Consultant. Please email resume to: JonathanGrimes@mergisgroup.com