Job Description : The successful candidate is responsible for achieving annual sales and profit objectives for a defined territory through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer relationships. Key customers include: physicians, oncology nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy and therapeutics groups, tumor boards, teaching institutions, oncology patient organizations, hospital purchasing groups and formulary committees. Develop and implement an effective territory business plan. Utilize effective selling techniques and marketing strategies to create and expand product demand. Develop and coordinate physician advocates for promoted oncology products. Arrange and coordinate effective speaker programs.
· Execute sales and marketing strategies within the territory, conducting sales calls to oncologists and other key customers.
· Complete weekly reports, plans of action, expense reports
· Attend training programs, conventions, and symposia
· Successfully conduct various field activities including: projects, special reports, lunch and learns and other promotional activities
· Complete territory analysis and business planning.
· Conduct effective product presentations to customers as needed
· Provide customer service to various oncology organizations, teaching institutions, physicians, Oncology Nurses, pharmacy directors, therapeutic groups, etc.
· Communicate regularly with marketing, clinical oncology managers, medical affairs, team members, in order to optimize resources and to achieve customer expectations.
· Effectively acquire and communicate appropriate technical, therapeutic, disease state and product information to the customer in order to successfully promote the use of promoted products in the territory.
· Plan, coordinate and facilitate “speaker programs”.
Candidates must complete all fleet safety training and must maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.
Requirements : Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
· BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
· Minimum three years of Pharmaceutical Sales Experience or two years of relevant specialty experience as an RN, PharmD, or Physical Therapist (Clinical Research Associate does not qualify). Examples of “relevant specialty experience” are: a Registered Nurse with a four year degree and two years experience in the specialty of the sales team, OR a PharmD with two years experience as a pharmacist, OR a Physical Therapist with a Masters Degree and two years of experience working with patients in one of the following areas, cardiac, orthopedic, oncology, osteoporosis or arthritis.
· Ability to think, plan, and act strategically
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Up to 2 years successful experience in the sale of chemotherapeutic agents or bio-tech products preferred
· Working knowledge of and familiarity with the hospital and cancer center environment preferred.
· Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required