We are actively recruiting for Store Management Trainees/Co-Mangers for our Tennessee and Kentucky stores.
Your career begins in the Management Development Program. During weeks of classroom and in-store training, you develop Managerial, Merchandising, Leadership, Inventory Control,and Customer Service skills that enhance your abilities to run a multi-million dollar operation. Upon graduation, you become part of a high performance team creating a positive and engaging work environment where hard work and results provide endless opportunities for future success.
Essential Job Functions:
* Develop and implement plans for achieving departmental objectives and business plans.
* Follows through on sales plans in full support of division merchandising programs.
* Plan and carries out in-store promotions and interdepartmental tie-ins to maximize sales and create a selling atmosphere.
* Establishes and maintains effective inventory control methods in all departments.
* Controls ordering; avoids overstocks; support administration.
* Require, through proper supervision, effective pricing of merchandise.
* Ensures freshness of product by closely adhering to rotation and dating policy.
* Schedules and organizes work force consistent with store sales and union contract.
* Controls departmental expenses such as wages, utilities, wrapping supplies, etc.
* Assist in the selection, indoctrination, training and development of departmental personnel, utilizing division training programs.
* Plans and conducts weekly meetings with departmental personnel.
* Supervises Sanitation Program in compliance with division standards.
* Administers safety and fire prevention programs as directed by division of Loss Prevention Department.
* Is familiar with and works within framework of labor contracts in stores.
* Keeps Store Manager informed of all activities within own area of responsibility.
* Instructs in the proper use of store equipment to ensure safety standards are accomplished.
* Works closely with department heads, keeping them informed of matters, which affect them and their performance, both individually and departmentally.
* Maintains self-development program to improve own personal knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to continue to upgrade own contribution to the store.
* Handles customer complaints quickly and efficiently in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
* Maintain security (cash handling, shop lifting, and theft).
* Supports and works to achieve equal employment opportunities and promotions for minorities and females.
* Assumes responsibility for the store in absence of the Store Manager.
In addition to competitive salaries and an attractive bonus program, Kroger offers
* Very Competitive Health & Income Protection Plans
* 401(K) Retirement Savings Account,with company match
* Paid Vacation
* Relocation Opportunities
* Associate Discounts
* Stock Purchase Plan
* Credit Union Membership
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Stock Options
It is the policy of The Kroger Company to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.