Provide the leadership to guide the manufacturing team in the development, maintenance, and improvement of all quality systems. To include: Final Inspection, In-Process Controls, Supplier Quality Assurance, Systems Auditing, Product Testing, Finished Goods Audit. To measure and report quality performance. Ensure conformity to engineering and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide Quality function leadership. Develops employees and instills continuous improvement.
• Participation in the establishment and implementation of quality specifications, testing procedures and standards for raw materials and finished products.
• Develops and recommends inspection and sampling techniques and quality control plans. Develops process control procedures ensuring production of finished products meet quality specifications and standards.
• Conducts research on product defects and recommends modifications to products or quality standards where warranted. Assures data is formulated into useable information and communicated to the management staff.
• Assists vendors in establishing inspection standards to meet the company’s quality requirements and confers on specific quality problems.
• Provides technical assistance to the purchasing department with regard to the purchase of raw materials, supplies and equipment.
• Reviews complaints or warranty claims received to determine where quality control emphasis should be placed at the plant to eliminate problems.
• Ensures compliance with governmental regulations.
• Establishes and manages departmental budget and assists in the development of long range goals and objectives.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 4 year degree required, BS Mechanical or other technical engineering degree is desired
• 5 years manufacturing management/quality control experience
• Outstanding leadership, influence, and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• High integrity