Under direction of a Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant contributes to the basic resident and patient care activities, and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents and patients. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assigned.
* Assumes personal responsibility for professional development, practice, and education. Maintains a professional and safe work environment. Attends and participates in regular meetings
* Contributes to the assessment of the health status of residents and patients.
* Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate members of the treatment team with direction of the Charge Nurse.
* Assists residents and patients with a variety of personal care tasks:
o Takes vital signs and helps residents and patients with activities of daily living.
o Assists residents and patients/families with light housekeeping duties such as assisting with meals or changing bed linens.
o Documents care provided.
o Reports any changes in a resident or patient’s condition to the Charge Nurse.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
* Ability to follow oral and written directions accurately and thoroughly, and observe/respond to needs of residents and patients.
* Keyboarding skills required.
* Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively work with employees, visitors and guests.
* Ability to prioritize and organize work.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* High school diploma or equivalent diploma (GED) preferred.
* Previous experience is preferred.
* Must have Nurse’s Aid certificate within 4 months of employment or be currently enrolled as Student of Nursing and meet the state requirements for certification.
* CPR certification is required.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, residents and patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers. CB/
Patient Care Support
SD-Pierre-Maryhouse Long Term Care
Rotating Days + Nights
*Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period
* Weekends Required