Requisition Number: 10-6200
Job Title: Technician – Salem*
Position Type: Full-time Regular
Business Unit Area/Functional Area: Technology
Relocation Approved: No
WHAT IF YOU COULD START A CAREER WITH THE COMPANY THAT’S SIMPLIFYING THE WAY PEOPLE GET ONLINE?
Our Mission is Clear! Empower a smarter, more connected world with the fastest, most cost-efficient, and highest capacity 4G network — enabling people everywhere to have the magic of the Internet with them all of the time. With unmatched network capability and investor funding from Intel Capital, Comcast, Sprint, Google, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, customer experience drives our actions. Guided by our values, we are committed to making Clearwire an amazing and unique place to work for each member of our team. If you are motivated by having a role where what you do each day directly influences the way our customers work and communicate, Clearwire may be the right opportunity for you.
The Technician is part of a team responsible for deploying new Clearwire cell sites, maintaining the operational readiness of existing system cell sites, and providing technical support to Clearwire’s residential and small business customers.
• Responding to all NOC call outs within a specified area and contact the appropriate field staff to resolve a system problem.
• Determining the cause of equipment failure using various types of complex test equipment.
• Maintains accurate records of equipment assignments.
• Maintains company vehicle and assigned equipment according to Clearwire technologies policy.
• Follows up on all network related issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Technician will be assigned to 24-hour “on call” duty to resolve any cell-related or customer issues.
• Implement, conduct and coordinate the smooth operation, repair, maintenance and expansion of all systems in market.
• Make frequent field visits and assure that all facilities are clean, functioning properly, alarmed properly and measures are being taken to correct any deficiencies.
• Ensure that all pertinent information for site updates is properly documented in site log book monthly and annually.
• Operate, maintain and repair all components of the system in and around the assigned area of responsibility.
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints concerning technical problems with the system.
• Support Customer Service and Sales staff by interfacing regularly to report on network outages, as well as network enhancements.
• Provide field support for new cell construction in the following areas: on site supervision, equipment delivery coordination, path alignment coordination, equipment installation, cell turn up, and cell optimization.
• Coordinate or perform maintenance of cell sites which involves the emergency generator, batteries/power equipment, the AC units, microwave dishes, antennas, towers, locks and fences, coax cabling, etc.
• Maintaining PSTN and cell site circuits by routine or fault testing and repairing as needed.
• Assist where needed to identify customer system and equipment problems.
• Programming and testing new products.
• Assigned end customers with issues related to the protesting and placement of the CPE within the customer location.
• Maintain cellular radio equipment by correctly aligning frequencies with test equipment. Test for faulty circuits, repair or replace as necessary, and take radio measurements to ensure appropriate signal strength or quality.
• Maintain microwave radio equipment by aligning frequencies with test equipment, performing annual FCC checks to ensure radio operations are in accordance with FCC guidelines and test for faulty radios.
• Determine and order supplies and equipment needed for repairs and replacement of defective system components.
• Receive, investigate, resolve and track trouble tickets.
• 3 plus years of experience in a Technician role
• Strong PC and IP trouble shooting skills.
• Previous experience in a customer support role required.
• Experience with wireless and data networking equipment a plus.
• Must have a valid state driver’s license.
• 2 year Technical degree preferred.