Title: GENERAL MERCHANDISE FIELD ASSISTANT
Job Title Description:
Business Unit: Higher Education Group
Location: ILLINOIS (OAK BROOK)
Requisition Number: fheg-00006633
Job Type: Regular
Business Unit Profile:
Follett Higher Education
We help institutions, administrators, faculty and students achieve a shared goal: to fully realize the powerful benefits of higher education..
From a small community college to a large state university system, from the heartland to the inner city, from the East Coast to the West, across Canada and the United States, the needs and requirements of institutions of higher learning are as individual as the students they teach. We are the nation’s largest operator of college bookstores, generating more than $2.0 billion in annual sales at more than 830 locations. We also are the industry’s premier wholesale book distributor-a leader in helping students manage the increasing cost of a college education. Whether it’s a brand-new sweatshirt with a college logo or a used calculus textbook, Follett has always been the place to go. And as more and more shoppers go online, Follett is there as well-efollett.com is now one of the largest online retailers on the Internet.
Please visit our website to learn more at www.fheg.follett.com
This is a great entry-level opportunity to learn the many facets of merchandise planning, buying, and merchandise control in our unique, challenging, and exciting retail industry. In this position you will work in FHEG’s general merchandise department directly supporting a portion of our 800+ college bookstores in the purchasing process of clothing, gifts, and supplies sold in our stores. You will report directly to the Manager of Merchandise Control and serve as a liaison between our stores and our vendors.
* Data entry of purchase orders (POs) into our company-wide merchandise software system (MMS).
* Generate various reports using our MMS system and Excel.
* Review school artwork and graphics for accuracy.
* Heavy telephone interaction and email correspondence
with our vendors and stores to check the status of POs.
* Process merchandise returns.
* Obtain status on orders.
* Problem solving and troubleshooting other various processes.
* Bachelor’s Degree required.
* Educational background in business, retail or fashion merchandise preferred.
* One to two years work experience in a retail environment.
* One to two years of general office work experience.
* Highly motivated self-starter.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Strong organizational abilities in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to multi-task, meet deadlines and have adaptability in a dynamic work environment.
Follett provides a competitive, comprehensive and cost-effective benefits program that includes:
* Three Medical Options (Health Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account, HMO)
* Two Dental Options (PPO, DMO)
* Vision Discount Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependant Care
* Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan (dollar for dollar match up to 4%)
* Two Weeks Paid Vacation After One Year (one week in the first year after six months)
* Tuition Reimbursement for Manager Approved Career-Enhancing Courses
* 100% Matching of Qualified Charitable Donations
* Store Discounts on Books and Merchandise
* Eleven Paid Holidays (8 Observed Holidays, 3 Personal Days)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming individuals with diverse talents and backgrounds.