As a member of our Grocery retail team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive Grocery displays and supporting the regional Grocery vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
1. Make sure the customers are being taken care of and the department looks great at all times. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
2. Ensures a fresh and appealing display by checking codes, rotating products, and removing out-of-date products.
3. Maintains correct department signage and pricing.
4. Ensures that all shelves and displays are properly stocked and front-facing.
5. Maintain back stock in good order.
6. Keep Grocery department clean, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs.
7. Log customers’ special orders. Retrieve special orders for customers by request, and offer service out to car.
8. Assists with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
9. Follows and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres to safe work practices.
10. Operates and sanitizes all Grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
11. Answers department telephone calls and pages quickly and with excellent phone etiquette.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Grocery Team Leader (Department Manager), Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager), or Supervisor.
1. A desire to grow with the Grocery Team
2. Ability to follow instructions and procedures
3. A desire to learn about natural and organic foods and products
4. Effective time management skills
5. Strong work ethic and integrity
6. Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
7. Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
8. Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
9. Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds, unassisted and able to push and pull carts with product weighing up to 100 pounds.
10. Use of box cutters.
11. Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing team member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.