Provides Human Resources leadership to assigned management team and employees. Ensures that Human Resources objectives are aligned with business strategic goals through effective employee relations, labor relations, compensation, staffing, training, organizational development, safety and change management strategies. Fosters employee involvement at all levels.
* Effectively lead a manufacturing location composed of both Union and Non Union employees.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local agencies as they relate to the Human Resource function
* Responsible for pro-active employee relations, communication support, and internal management consultation as they related to the Human Resource function
* Effectively support and foster the company’s Open Door Policy
* Responsible for administering policies, procedures, regulations and contracts as they relate to the Human Resource function
* Develop and facilitate programs related to the health, economic, social and safety well being of company employees
* Along with respective Management Team, develop and facilitate strategic short and long term goals for assigned locations as they related to the employment function (i.e. recruiting, screening, coordination of staffing plans, promotions, training, succession planning, and positive counseling) and profitability.
* Effectively and proactively manage the requirements and functions related to the Affirmative Action Plan for assigned locations
* Effectively manage local workers compensation and training programs in accordance with company and legal guidelines
* Responsible for effectively maintaining all personnel records
* Respond to unemployment and other governmental/financial inquiries regarding employment information in accordance to company guidelines
* Facilitate communication and function of employee benefit programs, including open enrollment
* Promote and work as a team member with all departments of RR Donnelley to build continual improvements
* Perform all other related duties as assigned
Job Knowledge & Skills
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or a related field with 8-10 years of experience within industrial Human Resources OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience within the Human Resource field. A Minimum of 3 years of Supervisory experience within Human Resources with at least 2 years of experience in a Union environment is preferred.
Applies excellent functional knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools. Effectively leads and mentors assigned team members as well as local supervisors/managers on elements of effective Human Resources and effective employee management. Working knowledge in all areas pertinent to the management of all HR functions including compensation, staffing, employee involvement, EEO/AAP, safety training and policy development. Current knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations as it pertains to HR. Must have effective counseling skills in areas of performance and behavioral problems, conflict resolution and career development. Ability to communicate with all levels of employees effectively. Consistently contributes effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion. Effectively represents department, division, or company at meetings. Assumes significant role on committees, projects, etc.
Eldridge, IA, US.