This position exists to support the Health Information Management (HIM) department of Home Care in all aspects of medical record development and maintenance, service transaction process and regulatory/compliance audits. The incumbent assists with data collection, data tabulation, problem- solving and improvement follow-up activities. This position will assist in ongoing monitoring of departmental quality.
* Requires comprehensive knowledge of MestaMed systems; processes and practices.
* Requires familiarity with ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding systems.
* Requires experience with use of computers; data entry and the aptitude to learn various computer systems in regards to data entry; data correction; and report generation.
* Requires knowledge of the composition and content of a medical record.
* Requires working knowledge of anatomy; physiology; disease process and medical terminology.
* Requires ability to read and understand handwritten and typed medical documentation.
* Requires working knowledge of state; federal and JCAHO regulations.
* Requires high degree of concentration and attention to detail due to the complexity and confidential nature of the material being reviewed and read.
* Requires gRequires good problem solving skills; self-motivation; excellent organizational skills; and flexibility to handle workload pressures; multiple requests; numerous interruptions and short deadlines in a positive manner.
* Requires ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions; rules; regulations and assimilating new processes into job functions and taking ownership.
* Requires ability to work independently while also being a cooperative and productive member of a cohesive team.