Design Engineer – Hydraulics
About the Job
Leads the design and development activities from concept through production implementation of new hydraulic valve systems.
* Engages in the designing and detailing of hydraulic valve systems and their sub-components including electro-hydraulic components for mobile applications
* Makes recommendations to peers and direct manager based on sound engineering principles, practices and judgment pertaining to specific engineering problems as a contribution to the overall engineering and manufacturing objectives
* Utilizes CAD, Pro-E, Matlab and relevant software to develop designs, layouts and drawings for specific elements of products being developed and/or improved
* Performs engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of parts, solves design problems and checks computations contributing to analytical designs
* Incorporates engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into daily work tasks
* B. S. Degree in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum of 7years of experience in product development, preferably in hydraulic valve or component design, or a related Master’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of work experience.
* Sound understanding of the principles of hydraulic component/system design, basic understanding of the principles of fluid dynamics, electro-hydraulics, proportional solenoids and electronic actuators, structural mechanics, materials and fatigue/durability
* Solid experience with Pro-E, Matlab and other relevant engineering systems.
* Able to work under minimal supervision with tight schedules / deadlines.
* Ability to work transversally with vehicle engineering, manufacturing and sub-supplier teams.
* Good communication and personal organization/control skills
CNH, Case New Holland, is a world leader in the agricultural and construction equipment businesses. Supported by about 11,500 dealers in 160 countries, CNH brings together the knowledge and heritage of its Case and New Holland brand families with the strength and resources of its worldwide commercial, industrial, product support and finance organizations. CNH Global N.V., whose stock is listed at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CNH), is a majority-owned subsidiary of Fiat S.p.A. (FIA.MI;NYSE:FIA).
CNH is an equal opportunity employer. The objective of the Company is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the best qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and any additional status protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.