Reed Krakoff is a line of women’s American luxury ready to wear, handbags, shoes, jewelry, eyewear and fragrance. Envisioned by the Creative Director of Coach, and rooted in art and design, Reed Krakoff embraces creativity, innovation, and a mentoring process in which talented individuals flourish. We create luxurious products for a sophisticated client and encourage multi-lateral thinking as a means of achieving that goal. Headquartered in New York, the Reed Krakoff brand attracts the most talented designers, buyers, and executives in the industry
Primary Purpose: The Manager, Visual Merchandising, Reed Krakoff will collaborate with the visual merchandising team to produce VM guidelines, develop and execute visual merchandising training direction and support Reed Krakoff store installations. This position will support new store openings for retail and wholesale channels, seasonal / showroom / PR installations, event coordination, market etc. in partnership with the VM leadership team. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will interact with cross-functional partners to ensure that the Reed Krakoff visual merchandising standards are continuously elevated.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Visual Merchandising to…
* Provide VM support to set up showrooms for Market and corporate functions.
* Partner with Director and VM Production team to support the special events for wholesale market. Manage all communication, VM elements, order and budget.
* Travel to Reed Krakoff stores to set up and conduct VM training (ie. new store openings, seasonal installations, etc).
* Manage Monthly Guideline photo shoot through cross functional collaboration with key business partners.
* Coordinate and participates in guideline shoots for Retail / Wholesale.
* Compile and write visual merchandising notes and presentation direction.
* Partner with New York Visual Merchandising team to produce VM training tools.
* Partner with Director and Reed Krakoff business partners to review store photos monthly and provide feedback and recommendations.
* Forecast, interpret and manage specific market requests for Reed Krakoff through Visual Merchandising team relationships.
* Partner with Director to review new store design proposal for Reed Krakoff stores regarding fixture layout, product presentation, etc.
* Partner with Director to communicate objectives and strategies related to fixtures, props, graphics and total product enhancements to Reed Krakoff.
The accomplished individual will possess…
* BA or BS with a minimum of 5-7 years of visual merchandising experience for fashion related brand.
* Proven experience developing seasonal visual guidelines and training programs.
* Ability to balance creative and business while staying true to brand expectations
* Pro-active problem solver, ability to assess an issue and develop action steps for resolution
* Possess strong communication skills to interact, collaborate and influence with both internal and external Business Partners
* Ability to interact with all levels of management
* Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to interface with a team and manage own projects.
* Strong initiative, ownership and accountability for business.
* Ability to travel
* Luxury brand visual merchandising experience, a plus.
* Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with In-Design a plus.
* Strong digital photography skills required. Photo-retouching skills preferred.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.