BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR LEVEL I – Dallas, TX Job
Date: Dec 19, 2011
Location: Dallas, TX, US
|BACKGROUND INVESTIGATOR LEVEL I – Dallas, TX (61914)
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Type of Travel: Continental US
****This is an entry level position and the SCA rate for this position is $15.80/hr plus $3.50/hr for the H&W benefits (Total compensation is $40K)****
Duties and Responsibilities:
CACI International Inc, is currently seeking personnel to conduct background investigations on a full-time basis in support of our Office of Personnel Management (OPM) contract under the Investigations Services Division. Each candidate will be required to complete a pre-screening selection process and must successfully pass a two week OPM New Investigator Training Course located in Chantilly, VA. Candidates must be willing to travel up to 100 miles radius based on a geographic location.
Under limited supervision, Investigators will conduct background investigations for the purposes of employment suitability and security clearance determinations. Investigators will be required to conduct face-to-face interviews with subject, neighbors, coworkers, friends and associates. Investigators will also perform record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouses and mental health, financial and educational institutions relative to the subject of investigation.
Investigators will be required to compile all information gathered and submit a clear and concise report on a government computer system. A laptop will be provided to facilitate reporting of information.
Expenses incurred during casework, such as, mileage, parking, tolls, metro fees, record fees, etc., will be reimbursed.
· Candidate must have zero or more years of experience (previous experience in conducting investigations is a plus but not required)
· Requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent work related and/or military experience.
· Must possess US citizenship (Security clearance requirement).
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance and must be cleared prior to start date.
· Must be able to work under minimal supervision utilizing a home-based office.
· Must be willing and able to travel in support of assignments as required, and must have a current driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Preferred candidates will possess:
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Intermediate level laptop computer and typing skills
· Ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people in various settings
· Possess a can do attitude and a sense of mission in support of national security initiatives>
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segments: Counseling, Defense, Entry Level, Government, Healthcare, Investigation, Legal, Military, Security Clearance