Req ID # 1146BR
Advertised Position Title Human Resources Manager
Value Center Mission Systems
Work Location HI, Kekaha
Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
Manages the Pacific Missile Range Facility Project Human Resources functions to meet contractual requirements in compliance with Federal, State and local statutes.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, Workers Compensation, Temporary Disability, labor relations, benefits, Company Programs, training, affirmative action, EEOC and employee services in conformance with Company policy and governmental law.
2. Company liaison with International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and Inland Boatmen’s Union (IBU) representatives. Prepares Company response on grievances and participates in Union negotiations.
3. Works with headquarters personnel to prepare responses to requests from the NLRB, OFCCP, EEO and other areas of federal compliance.
4. Monitors and reviews personnel performance and provides counseling and guidance as required.
5. Provides management direction and advice on all matters related to human resources activities.
6. Enforces company’s work and safety rules.
7. Company liaison for Joint Venture and Mentor Protege partner.
8. Keeps abreast of changes in Federal and local employment laws; disseminates that information to workforce.
9. Provides subordinates with technical and non-technical training to satisfactorily perform human resources duties.
10. Safeguards and maintains human resources records.
11. Manages Company’s response to audits, responds to inquiries from employees and retirees about employee benefits, provides cost analysis support and employee benefit plan issues.
12. Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Occasional work outside in warm, humid conditions. Occasional travel to other work locations on other islands.
Lifting 10 ‘ 20 lbs, extended sitting.
Required Experience: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Education/Certifications: Two years related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience in the related field.
A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in the Human Resources field. Supervisory experience a plus.
General knowledge of EEO and an understanding of HR practices and fundamentals.
Familiarity with Davis-Bacon Act and Service Contract Act.
Experience in Wage and Benefit Compensation.
Administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Experience in Workers Compensation & Temporary Disability Insurance.
Supports Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
Experience in Employee Relations including performing Disciplinary Actions.
Familiarity with Employment Laws.
Labor Relations experience.
Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access.
Proficient in a computerized HRIS (Human Resources Information System).
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Level Required Secret
Minimum Education Requirements BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required Less than 25%
Work Status Full-Time