Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 29 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $4 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 60,000 route miles.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provides administrative support to the CIO, VP of Operations Support (VPOS) and assigned staff. Maintains calendar for CIO and VPOS, schedules appointments and governs time. Arranges travel plans as directed and independently prepares correspondence, maintains records and [INVALID]s and maintains presentations, charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases. Successfully manages multiple, concurrent initiatives and assignments. Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to the CIO & VP of OS when necessary and provides [INVALID]s on a regular basis. Expedites work through proper channels maintains regular and follow-up files and confidential data.
• Organizes and expedites the flow of work through the CIO and VPOS office. Maintains documentation and filing and initiates any follow-up actions required. Maintains the CIO & VPOS calendar, schedules or cancels appointments and keeps them apprised of the status.
• Manages departmental queues and approvals for invoices, procurements, time entry, accounts payable, job setup, expense reports, etc.
• Coordinates, collects, maintains, [INVALID]s and distributes Information Technology pipeline reports and spreadsheet.
• Responds to inquiries and directs, prioritizes and provides information to all levels of internal customers making requests of the group. Makes decisions regarding the validity of requests quickly and responds to those that are valid with urgency.
• Provides all travel arrangements for assigned staff, preparing and submitting all travel expense reports.
• Coordinates special projects and serves as a departmental resource and liaison providing timely, responsive and professional administrative support.
• Processes all communications including telephone calls, emails, mail and faxes. Maintains departmental and CIO /VPOS voicemail boxes.
• Performs difficult, complex, analytical, technical and/or specialized office support work.
• [INVALID]s presentations and compiles data for use in department reports. [INVALID]s departmental reports.
• [INVALID]s and maintains spreadsheets and workbooks.
• Possess highly developed interpersonal, organization, written, verbal, presentation, coordination, and multi-tasking skills.
• Provides attention to detail with excellent problem-solving and follow up skills.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
• Ability to work in high-demand, high-paced, high-pressure environment and effectively manage competing priorities.
• Ability to provide effective support to help achieve goals and objectives.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Proven experience as an administrative assistant or secretary to senior-level managers. Experience must include supporting multiple principals in a professional setting where independent decision-making and self-initiative were demonstrated.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience conveying information to internal and external constituents in a clear, focused and concise manner. Must possess proficient proofreading and editing skills, demonstrating a strong use of the English language to include exemplary knowledge of the elements of grammar and spelling proficiency.
• Proven proficiency in preparing reports, compiling statistics and researching information.
• Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor at all times, exercising excellent judgment and maintaining a positive perspective in all situations.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and cite examples of experience working in an environment with a high degree of pressure and time demands associated with heavy work volumes and multiple demands.
• Proven experience coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
• Demonstrate a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
• Experience handling confidential information and correspondence and a familiarity with methods and approaches to maintaining confidentiality.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and proven ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Advanced knowledge/use of PowerPoint, Word and Excel to assemble, manipulate, and format data and reports.
• College degree or high school diploma and equivalent years of experience.
• High level of skill and knowledge in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation and email applications.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Professional Dues Reimbursement
• Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
• Medical and Dental Insurance Options
• Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
• Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
• 401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team–based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.