Training Manager-BEA00310 Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Founded in 1865, the privately held company employs 142,000 people in 66 countries. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. For more information, visit www.cargill.com.
Our Meat Solutions platform is comprised of Cargill Beef, Pork, Food Distribution, Case Ready, Value Added Meats, and Cargill Cattle Feeders groups. Meat Solutions employs approximately 35,000 worldwide. CMS has processing facilities and sales offices in the US, Canada, and Australia, and international business offices in Australia, China, Honduras, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan.
Cargill Meat Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Training Supervisor. The successful candidate will report to the Human Resources Manager and manage the training department staff. The Training Supervisor is responsible to develop and lead innovative training solutions internally and externally, and become a partner with plant management in a hands on capacity in the plant, challenging the professional development plans for plant personnel.
- Develop, implement, evaluate and monitor all plant training programs
- Facilitate plant-training sessions for salaried employees
- Coordinate training schedules for all plant training
- Oversee the hourly training staff, including orientation
- Be a strategic partner with plant management in the development of professional development plans
- Champion Engagement initiatives throughout the plant
- Lead/Assist Valuing Differences implementations and ideology
- Champion, facilitate, and promote Recognition program
- (30%) Support annual Career Development Plan (CDP’s) through education, providing resources, and determine and execute annual training plan
- (35%) Lead hourly training and manage 14 trainers in deployment of our New-hire training plan
- (15%) Lead/Assist Human Resource Management as required
- (10%) Instruct Core Required Supervisor Series: Is Management for Me?, and Management Orientation
- (10%) Coordinate education for Management Trainees and Coop Students
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline, advanced degree or equivocal experience.
- Formal Training in DMAIC process (6 Sigma).
- Demonstrated leadership and process commitment at a plant management level 3+ years
- Must possess ability to facilitate plant training
- Must possess interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills (database, spreadsheets, word doc, Power Point)
- Must have ability to read, understand and develop actions from basic financial and operating reports
- Must be motivated and a self starter
- Must understand the fundamentals of adult education for an ESL workforce
- Strong technical abilities
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Have effective communication and team work skills, challenging the status quo
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Previous experience in a professional training role is strongly desired
- Previous Supervisory experience would be an asset
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including rotating Saturdays
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.