|About this Job:|
Pearson has one defining goal: to help people progress in their lives through learning. We champion innovation and we invest in models for education that deliver on our promise for effective, accessible, and personal learning from early literacy, college and career readiness to professional education, through data informed instruction and inventive applications for mobile and digital learning.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global-reach and market leading businesses in education, business, and consumer publishing and is listed on the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
The Educational Consultant has responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives as well as the role and function of each team member, to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project. May communicate with the Senior Educational Consultant, Functional Area Manager, or Program Manager regarding status of specific projects.
1. Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
2. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
3. Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
4. Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
5. Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
6. Conduct a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
7. Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
8. The primary projects this individual will be responsible for is the development of curriculum artifacts for a key customer account. . The following is a list of specific roles/duties that Pearson would expect the Educational Consultant to conduct with regard to this project:
This person must be able to sit or stand at a personal computer for a reasonable length of time typing and reading.
Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment is important.
Periodic and overnight travel to client accounts and company events may be required.
Reliable attendance and punctuality is critical to successful performance in this role.
This is a benefit eligible Term-of-Project Full Time status position which will last 6-months minimum and may be extended up until 24 months based on needs of business and employee performance.
This position will be home based out of Indianapolis, IN and is not eligible for relocation assistance.