Why John Deere
John Deere Financial might be just the place for you. We’re one of the largest equipment finance companies in the U.S. for agricultural, construction, forestry, lawn and turf care, landscaping, commercial, and consumer equipment purchases, as well as revolving credit and operating loans. We’re continually growing to serve customers around the globe and in many industries, providing retail, wholesale, and lease financing solutions that fit their business needs. We’re continually looking for eager professionals who are passionate about the opportunities and rewards of financial services.
What You’ll Do
At John Deere Financial, our Insurance Specialist work to serve as an expert for all aspects of the crop insurance business cycle within an assigned territory of agents. You will deliver optimum technical support, training, and service to our John Deere Risk Protection (JDIC) channel partners. In addition you will:
- Manage agency data in a timely and accurate manner for an assigned territory to ensure maximum administrative and operating expense reimbursement for the company.
- Work with territory agents to comply with policy provisions and JDIC business practices and procedures.
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding IT project prioritization by: providing system deployment, training, and technical system support including: system access, installation support, and diagnosis/repair of system problems.
- Develop and execute crop insurance training programs, answer policy questions that require procedural interpretation, as well as lead teams to update processes and procedures as needed.
- Work to support claims by assisting in evaluating and responding to coverage disputes, late data, and requests to change initial data received via the internal administrative review process. Along with monitoring agent performance and conducting quality assurance reviews.
- Participate on regional quality service team as needed.
What It Takes
We need excellent communicators, who thrive on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally you will have a bachelor’s degree in business/management or an agricultural sciences area or 4-7 years experience working in the crop insurance industry. In addition we require:
- Crop insurance experience.
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of crops.
- Knowledge of hail and multi-peril insurance.
- Knowledge of the basics of insurance statutes and regulations within area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of risk management within areas of specialization and responsibility.
- Experience with insurance forms and billing practices.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of numerous and unique types of insurances available in the marketplace such as property, casualty, etc.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, rewards aren’t limited to monetary compensation. We offer our employees a comprehensive range of tangible and intangible benefits that help us retain the best and brightest professionals in the industry. Click here to learn more about our Total Rewards Program.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.