Working under general supervision, the Lease Negotiator is responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and closing commercial lease transactions. The primary business objective of this position is to ensure that leases are negotiated to the benefit of GameStop. Associate interacts with his or her supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Negotiate lease issues and options for mall and strip center stores; draft appropriate changes to documentation in order to protect GameStop’s terms and closing the transaction.
- Review comments from attorney/representative; work closely with Department Vice President and other company divisions and departments to define proper response.
- Make lease determinations with respect to legal issues and policy issues.
- Conduct research as needed to ensure that the lease terms are appropriate with the current market, location, and other additional factors.
- Drafting legal lease correspondence
- Reading and interpreting store leases.
- Revise and negotiate store leases per company standards
- Keep database and Reports updated, communicate with all parties, internal and external
- Work in a professional manner with GameStop employees, managers, Landlord’s, and attorneys
- Abstract Leases in Retail Lease database
- Construct, organize and maintain spreadsheets.
- Meet deadlines for lease expirations.
- Work with other departments as necessary.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Communication – Clearly conveys information to individuals or groups in a manner that ensures understanding and comprehends information from others.
- Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action of self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance and ethics for one’s self; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments/tasks.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in business or other related program preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working in a real estate department for a national retailer or developer negotiating lease renewal terms, relocations and new store locations
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of various major real estate markets
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contract terms in a forthright, professional, and tenacious manner for the benefit of the company
- Working knowledge of market rents across the United States
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business solutions
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Work with minimal supervision
- Perform basic math functions
- Communicate effectively with management